Are you in a job where you have meetings that are not in rooms? Like on a construction site or at a Nursing station?
Do you ever have to meet off-site, away from the office in places like hotels or convention centres?
Would you like some practical tips and inspiration that will help you turn these unique spaces into meeting productivity opportunities? Well, you’re in the right place because episode 17 of the Create Awesome Meetings is all about optimizing meetings that are not in traditional rooms.
And please keep in mind that this is ‘Part 2’ of a two-part series about meeting spaces. If you have not had a chance to listen to Part 1 you can simply check it out here.
Where You Meet Matters
Now ‘I believe that where you meet is as important as what you’re meeting about – and with that in mind here is a four-step framework that you can apply to any space that you meet in.
The Four Step Framework To Help You Create An Awesome Meeting Space:
Step 1: Ask practical questions like…
- On a Construction Site or out in the Wilderness: What time of day are we going to be meeting?
- In an Open Area: What type of information are you talking about? Is it confidential?
- In-Town, Off-Site: What is the reputation of the destination staff?
Step 2: Ask people questions like…
- On a Construction Site or out in the Wilderness: Is there a trained meeting facilitator in the group?
- In an Open Area: Are there any patients or family members nearby?
- In-Town, Off-Site: Will an off-site meeting be a motivator for our staff?
Step 3: Ask spatial questions like…
- On a Construction Site or out in the Wilderness: Is it too noisy to be heard properly?
- In an Open Area: Do you have to keep your voice down?
- In-Town, Off-Site: Do they have the right capacity and styles of rooms for your type of meetings?
Step 4: Ask inspiring questions about the meeting room like…
- On a Construction Site or out in the Wilderness: Can you take a moment to acknowledge the outdoor setting and be inspired by it?
- In an Open Area: How can you connect this meeting to your organization strategy?
- In-Town, Off-Site: Can we book an awesome guest speaker?
And if you want even more detailed answers then it is definitely worth listening to the podcast!