Do your colleagues actually listen to what you’re saying during a meeting? Or do they pay more attention to their phones?
Would you and your team like to learn how to listen more effectively so you can have awesome meetings?
If the answer is yes, then this episode of the Create Awesome Meetings Podcast is for you. In this episode you’ll learn how to:
- Get interested – because ‘the most interesting people are those who are the most interested’
- Repeat what you’ve heard so that whoever was talking feels acknowledged
- Say the person’s name when you respond, because we all love the sound of our own name
- Remember what you appreciate about who’s talking, and if there isn’t much then make something up
- Talk less
- Make eye contact
- Turn off your phone
- Allow people to finish what they are saying
- Pick the right time to say your answer instead of just blurting it out before someone finishes speaking
- Relax and be present
Send an email with CAM 019 in the subject line to email@example.com to get the FREE download!
“We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.”
Greek Philosopher Epictetus