Have you got :20 seconds to make your next meeting awesome? Have you got 20 X :20 seconds?
Because episode 10 of the Create Awesome Meetings Podcast is a recording of me (Gord Sheppard) delivering a PechaKucha style talk called “10 Ways To Create Awesome Meetings” to the Emerging Health Leaders group in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
What is PechaKucha you ask? According to PechaKucha.org, “PechaKucha 20×20 is a simple presentation format where you show 20 images, each for 20 seconds. The images advance automatically and you talk along to the images.”
That’s 6 minutes and :40 seconds of your life that you’re never going to get back, whether you’re giving the talk or you’re in the audience.
And as a Speaker I can tell you that this format is very challenging because you have to be succinct and well prepared, which is why you’re going to get a whole lot of meeting productivity information and inspiration in a very short time during today’s podcast episode, including tips like:
- Why getting real by building trust with your team is so important
- Why it is so important to understand that you can choose how you act in a meeting
- Why meetings are your early warning system because they are a small snapshot of how your organization is functioning overall
- How to make sure that you have the right people, so that you can make your meeting successful
- How to make an awesom POINT whenever it’s your turn to speak
- A fast formula to help you calculate the actual cost of your meetings
- Why it is so important to have a great meeting facilitator
- Why it is worth finding a meeting Mentor
- How to link your meeting to your strategy
- Why it is critical to take the time to market your agenda so that you get buy-in
- Why the space that you meet in is as important as what you’re meeting about
- Why walking meetings are essential
- How to find awesome resources
- How to follow up FAST
- How to figure out what inspires you so that you’ll make your next meeting great
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get the FREE download!
Links Mentioned In This Podcast
- Emerging Health Leaders – Edmonton
- 37 Billion Is Lost Every Year On These Meeting Mistakes – www.businessinsider.com
- The How To Create Awesome Meetings Workshop